AI=Airline Issued, AP=Actual Photo, b&w=black and white, FL=Facing Left, FR=Facing Right, i.a.=in air, o.g.=on ground, pub.=published. Alpha-numerics in parentheses are registration numbers of aircraft. Publishers names and numbers are listed when known. Cards are standard U.S. size and in color unless otherwise described.)
1. BAC-111 & CV240 facing each other at BGM. Pub. by Ad Art Photo Service. O-120. 31126.
2. BAC-111 FL i.a. Airline-Issued card. K-13757.
3. BAC-111 FL i.a. I.A.W.P.C. HC-148.
4. BAC-111 FL i.a. Jumbo-size, info on airline on non-postcard back.
5. BAC-111 FR i.a.
(8 1/2 x 5) Pub by BAC.
Please excuse the quality of this image. I only had the b&w photocopy available. The card itself is in color.
6. BAC-111 FR i.a. Airline Issued. K-14960.
7. BAC-111 FR i.a. as inset. Vertical format card shows 4 Stewardesses modeling Saks Fifth Ave. uniforms. Airline issued.
8. BAC-111 FR o.g. (N1113J) at UCA. Margo Studio. 88674.
9. BAC-111 FR o.g. (N1136J) Aviation World Inc. B-107. 86062-D
10. BAC-111 FR o.g. at Port Erie. Continental size card pub. by Lakeport Dist. 111. 10x110436.
11. BAC-111 FR o.g. I.A.W.P.C. HC-387
12. BOEING 727-200 FL i.a. I.A.W.P.C. FAP #6
13. CV240 & Martin, facing each other at ALB with AA DC6 FR in foreground. Pub. by Princlys on Lusterchrome by Tichnor.
14. CV240 FR o.g. at ALB with AA DC FL in foreground. Pub. by Princlys on Tichnor. K-11145.
15. CV440 FR o.g. at Plattsburgh. Pub. by Lavin Candy Co. on Plastichrome. P58392.
16. CV FR o.g. at UCA (Oneida County Airport). Pub. by Margo on Dexter. 47752-B.
17. CV-240 FL o.g. (N1024C) I.A.W.P.C. HC-039.
18. CV-240 FL o.g. I.A.W.P.C. HC-038
19. CV-240 FR i.a. Pub. by Louis Heindl & Son for the airline.
20. CV-240 FR o.g. (N1018C) I.A.W.P.C. HC-150.
21. CV-240 FR o.g. b&w I.A.M. CS-048.
22. CV-440 FL o.g. (N4403). Pub. by Hannau Color Productions for the airline. 47907.
23. CV-440 FL o.g. at EWR. Aerial view with plane very small. Other aircraft also visible. Pub. by Deluxe Greeting Card Co. 12923.
24. CV-440 FL o.g. I.A.W.P.C. HC-256.
25. CV-240 FL o.g. in hangar. Pub. by Hannau Color Productions for the airline.
26. CV-440 FL o.g. with sedan parked in front of it. Pub. by Larry Myers LM001. 170290.
27. CV-240s (2) FL o.g. Color aerial view of BGM by Joe Kast of Wyalusing PA on Dexter 95934-1.
28. DC3 facing front & left at Watertown (Dexter Airport). Pub. by Sterling Wholesale on Plastichrome. P12531.
29. DC3 FL i.a. (33370) I.A.M. b&w CS-007.
30. DC3 FL i.a. b&w AP. Kodak back. Same view as the one above.
31. DC3 FL o.g. (N21749) b&w AP with Kodak back.
32. DC3 FL o.g. (N409D) Gaslight Livery. Aviation World. D-026. 68841-D
33. DC3 FL o.g. at EWR. b&w. pub. by Garfield News Co. on Lustertone.
34. DC3 FL o.g. I.A.W.P.C. HC-037.
35. DC3 FR o.g. (N21749) b&w AP with Kodak back.
36. DC3 FR o.g. (N400D) I.A.W.P.C. HC-385
37. DC3 FR o.g. at BGM (Broome County Airport) Pub. by Stickley Photo Service on Plastichrome. P18360.
38. DC3 FR o.g. at BGM Pub. by Bob Wyer on Dexter. B-11. 79873.
39. DC3 FR o.g. at Chemung Co. Airport. An aerial shot of airport with plane very small on the picture. Also shows a Capital DC3. Pub. by Scott Studio on Plastichrome. P66608.
40. DC3 FR o.g. at EWR at night. AA CV in foreground. Pub. by The Mayrose Co.
41. DC3 FR o.g. at Newark with American CV in foreground. Pub. by Gramatan Art Co. on Curteichcolor. 4C-K1922.
42. DC3 FR o.g. at SYR only portion of a prop and bottom of wing shown. The picture shows a terminal building at SYR from under the plane. Pub. by Carhart Photo Service on Plastichrome. P12668.
43. DC3 FR o.g. at UCA (Oneida County Airport). Pub. by Marks & Fuller on Dexter. 64261.
44. DC3 FR o.g. at UCA (Oneida County Airport). Pub. by Margo Studio and printed by YorKolor Process. YL7850.
45. DC3 FL o.g. at UCA (Oneida County Airport). Pub. by Carhart Photo Service on Plastichrome. P16147. The same view (& #) were published by Ryders Inc., Utica, N.Y.
46. DC3 FR o.g. split-level card also showing a Capital DC3 30875L2
47. DC3 FR o.g. split-level card also showing downtown Binghamton. Pub. by Stickley Photo Service on Plastichrome. P18369
48. DC3 FL o.g. b&w Real Photo at "Newark Airport Terminal Area" by Progressive Publications, Inc.
48a. Same as above but b&w print. Thanks to Chris Slimmer for alerting me on this one. I had the card but didn't realize it contained a Mohawk aircraft.
49. DC3 FR o.g. b&w Real
"Planes Resting On Terminal Apron" by Progressive Publications.
Thanks to Chris Slimmer for the photocopy.
50. F-27 FL o.g. (N1823G) I.A.W.P.C. HC-253.
51. FH-227 FR o.g. (N7810M) I.A.W.P.C. HC-248.
52. FH-227 FR i.a. I.A.M. CS-069.
53. FH-227 FR o.g. at GFL (N7805M). Pub. by Dean Color on Dexter. 23895-C. D-675.
54. FH-227 FR o.g. at Keene N.H. Pub. by Forward's Color Productions, Inc. NH139. 123167.
55. FH-227 o.g. at Keene N.H. viewed on ramp from inside Red Roof Inn.
56. M-404 FR o.g. (N462M) I.A.W.P.C. HC-149.
57. M-404 FR o.g. I.A.M. CS-068.
58. SIKORSKY S-55 FL i.a.
AP. Kodak back. No. 62.
Note: There exists another card, identical to this except it has No. 57. Info courtesy of Len Wallis.
59. SIKORSKY S-55 FR at take-off. I.A.W.P.C. HC-232.
60. Executive Offices Bldg. of Mohawk in color at Utica/Rome by Margo Studio. 88677.
61. Mohawk's Jet Training Center in color at Utica/Rome by Margo Studio. 118108.
62. Mohawk Stewardesses advertise Sarah Coventry jewelry as Mohawk advertises its jet service.. Jointly published by the airline & the jewelry company. A93246. Image courtesy of "Hawk" Johnson.
63. DC-3 at "Municipal Airport, Worcester". b&w. Photocopy courtesy of Bill Lehtola.
64. CV-440 (N4403). b&w/kodak back. No. 79. Possibly pub. by Peter Black. Photocopy courtesy of Len Wallis.
65. Martin 404 (N464M). b&w/kodak back. No. 71. Peter Black??? Photocopy courtesy of Len Wallis.
66. CV-440 (N4408) - unknown pub. - has Panair symbol on back - 441
67. BAC-111 - Published by the manufacturer. - Back of the postcard - Images courtesy of Doug Bastin.
68. BAC-111 - Published by the manufacturer - Back of the postcard - Images courtesy of Doug Bastin.
69. BAC-111 - Published by the manufacturer - Image courtesy of Doug Bastin.
The following two postcards show aircraft from the "new" (short-lived) Mohawk
201. Beech 1900C (N55309) at Worcester MA. Buchaircard 9211.
202. SA-227 (N3005J) at Springfield Municipal. I.A.W.P.C. HC888.
If you have or know of any
postcards showing the original Mohawk Airlines aircraft or personnel
not listed here, please furnish complete details to me so that I can
update this list.
Green Door Menu